6 Skills All Great Love Systems Guys Have
by Nick Hoss
I’ve written so many posts over the past year (over 120) that I’m actually running out of things to write about. I made a list of all the Love Systems skills involved in game, noting which were most important, and from that, I boiled down these six critical things I’ve seen in the best guys out there.
I’ve never met an instructor who wasn’t a master at opening. It’s so default for the best guys that they are looking at the logistics, friends and dynamics as they throw out the words.
The best guys can open any which way too. For example, it’s gotten to the point where everybody is going direct so often now that I had to actually teach a one-on-one client of mine how to properly use an opinion opener for a certain situation. It was actually kind of a rush doing the demo set for him. It felt like the old days, and it still works.
However, most guys, including me, go direct. (I have a list of pick up artist openers I use.) I also really like using a pertinent situational opener whenever possible. Those are the most natural.
If you want to get good at opening, day or night, follow these tips:
- Focus on the body language first. Get that down before the words.
- Delivery is more important than the words you choose.
- Make sure you see the rest of the group. You’ll be handling them next, or in the case of indirect you’ll be delivering the opener to all of them.
- If you can create a seemingly organic transition from your opener that’s a bonus.
- Always have at least two default openers you’ll never forget.
- Practice opening until it becomes an afterthought before worrying about other skills.
Hooking Sets/Spiking Attraction
It’s such an invaluable Love Systems skill to learn how to raise a girl’s state in an instant. Any girl who is somewhat savvy won’t be totally won over right off of the opener. She’s waiting for that next thing you say. It’s also quite valuable to be able to break the ice early so she starts seeing you for you and not as bar guy #121.
These skills are also good when you need to get a girl excited so she’ll come to the bar with you, agree to a date, be able to rely on you in a relationship, etc.
Here are things you can do to hook sets or to spike attraction when needed:
- Teasing, teasing, teasing
- Create a role play or call back to one later
- Flirty touching (spinning her, playful shoves, grabbing her hand then throwing it away)
- Utilizing pre-selection
(You can find other videos like this on my PUA Books List.)
The interview series on buying temperature is pretty gnarly as well. The first 10 minutes are free.
I still remember Tenmagnet telling me in my bootcamp that storytelling is a crucial skill. The original Magic Bullets even had a whole chapter on the subject. I’ve become particularly adept at storytelling (thanks to helping Tenmagnet a ton over the years and to my creative writing degree).
The main problem I see with guys learning storytelling is they speak too much from a factual perspective. Not enough emotion. When you’re relaying a story–a short tale of a specific instance in time, not a monologue of your life–ask yourself how you felt and what you were thinking during the event. Relay that to the listener, not just the facts. It’s crazy that you were going 60 mph when your car hit that patch of ice and almost got into an accident, but the listener wants to hear, “and I remember the last thing I thought to myself was ‘if we slide into this truck I’m going to never forgive myself’. My heart was thudding through my chest.”
Here are some basic storytelling tips:
- Focus on characters over plot
- Focus on emotion/feeling/thought over facts
- You’re the hero of you story. It’s about you.
- Stories involve specific instances. These instances are the vehicles for displaying your attractive qualities.
- You’re painting a picture of who you are. You’re not giving her a fact sheet. (“This one time we went cliff jumping” vs. “I’m an adventurous guy.”)
- Show, don’t tell
- Know where the story is going. Start with the end in mind.
[quote]Check in next week for the other 3 skills.[/quote]
Want More Love Systems skills?
If you want to know how to get better at each of these Love Systems skills, download my PUA Book list. It’s free and highlights resources for how to get better at these skills.